Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Toolmans tech endevours:

As I have mentioned, I am now working at JTeam. For my first few weeks I have been cycling around and working in other business offices. I dug up an old Dell laptop from the depths of the server room. It weighs a ton, but is quite powerful. This is my mobile office

sany6748 (by t1mthet00lman)

When I am in the office, this is where I sit.

sany6620 (by t1mthet00lman)

Since this photo, I now use the Dell laptop and this screen for a dual screen setup. The DPI difference is huge (the Dell has a very high res screen), so moving something from one screen to the other causes the size to scale up about 50%!

sany6625 (by t1mthet00lman)

This is a sneaky photo of my workmates Tim and Martijn. Work provides a free lunch for everyone. It is well catered, with lots of breads, cheeses, spreads and other delicatessen items, as well as lots of nice drinks... Mmmm!

sany6624 (by t1mthet00lman)

I love Pindakaas! Thats peanut butter for you non-Netherlands-types.

sany6622 (by t1mthet00lman)

The view out the window is average, but we are moving soon, and the new place is very nice. I found a second of these old Dell laptops at work, and have taken it home so that we have a laptop each.

Now that I have my own computer, our Acer laptop has been Princess-ified ..

sany6801 (by t1mthet00lman)f

PINK!!

I have succumbed to temptation and bought a pair of C64 DTV joysticks. This is a complete Commodore C64 implemented in a single silicon chip and embedded into the joystick. It has a 2Mb flash rom that holds the 30 games included.

sany6779 (by t1mthet00lman)

The developers were nice enough to provide ALL pintouts for peripherals: keyboard (ps2), second joystick port, original 1541 disk drive serial lines, S Video and the true C64 ROM basic. I bought 2 so that I can hack one of them. I'm not yet sure what the hack will be yet...

sany6782 (by t1mthet00lman)

For now I'm just honing my California Games skills. These are cool, but I need to change some of the games on it.

sany6795 (by t1mthet00lman)

On an unrelated note, the big supermarket chain here (Albert Heijn) are giving away Smurfs. Look at the left most smurf :

LOLSmurf!

No comments: